World News Archive
Back to News-1.com
- 'Weekly world news quiz (BBC News)At the end of another week, test your knowledge with our world news quiz.
- 'Bush: U.S. Economy Remains 'Envy of World' (WJLA-TV Washington D.C.)ST. PETERSBURG, Russia (AP) - President Bush ( website - news - bio ) , in Russia for a meeting of the world's economic powers, on Saturday credited his "pro-growth policies" for new U.S. budget deficit figures that are lower than earlier estimates.
- 'Iran condemns world powers' decision on nuclear issue (Islamic Republic News Agency)Pakistan - Iran Iran's official news media on Thursday condemned as "wrong" the decision of the six world powers to haul the Islamic Republic back to the UN Security Council over its suspect nuclear program.
- 'World leaders alarmed, angered by Mideast violence (AFP via Yahoo! News) World leaders expressed alarm and anger at the upsurge in violence in the Middle East and sought a solution to the crisis, though differences over who bore responsibility emerged between the United States and some of its partners.
- 'Valley observations back up call for world rescue effort (Albany Democrat-Herald)Frogs and other amphibians around the world are being threatened or wiped out. That might not be the most interesting thing in the news, but it could be the ?canary in the coal mine? for larger problems ahead.
- 'Farm and Food: R.I.P., world trade's Doha Round, 2001-2006 (Lincoln Journal Star)The biggest non-news news of the yet-young summer arrived July 1 when the Doha Development Round of World Trade Organization talks melted into a muddy puddle of recriminations. The trade yakkers in Geneva failed to even begin their ?last ditch? effort to save the troubled talks.
- 'World leaders spar over Mideast violence (AP via Yahoo! News) Leaders of the world's industrial powers clashed Saturday over the escalating violence in the Middle East even as the summit host, Russian President Vladimir Putin pledged, "We will find common ground on this."
Back to World News Archive