World News Archive
Back to News-1.com
- 'Shands doctors shine in U.S. News and World Report rankings (Gainesville Sun)Shands at the University of Florida has once again been named as one of the nation's top 50 hospitals in the annual rankings published by U.S. News World Report.
- 'Soccer World Cup 2010 (The Star)Fifa hope to have professional referees in place for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, German news magazine Der Spiegel reported yesterday. Football's governing body intend investing $40-million over the next four years in training referees, the magazine said.
- 'Sen. Graham Talks With WYFF News 4 (WYFF via Yahoo! News) Sen. Lindsey Graham visited WYFF News 4 on Sunday to talk about the latest policy issues facing the state and America.
- 'world news (Clemson Tiger)World News Topics: The New York Times The New York Times online edition. Local, national and international news from the winner of 90 Pulitzer prizes. One week free trial and only $12.50 for an 8 week subscription.
- 'NewYork-Presbyterian 6th in Nation in 2006 U.S. News & World Report (Newswise)NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital ranks first in New York City and sixth in the nation, according to the 2006 U.S. News & World Report "America's Best Hospitals" survey. It is the sixth consecutive year that NewYork-Presbyterian is the only New York metropolitan-area hospital on the list.
- 'DP World denies London IPO (AME Info)Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, the Chairman of DP World, yesterday denied that his organisation is to float on the London Stock Exchange later this year, reported Gulf News. An article in the UK's Sunday Times suggested that 20% of DP World might be sold off, but bin Sulayem said the article was speculative and DP World is considering a range of finance options including bank loans, sukuks and
- 'Virginia Mason is Recognized By U.S. News & World Report in America's Best Hospitals Ranking (RedNova)SEATTLE, Wash., July 7 /PRNewswire/ -- U.S. News & World Report ranked Virginia Mason Medical Center as one of the Top 25 Hospitals in the nation for digestive disorders care in its July "America's Best Hospitals" issue.
- 'The world this week (BBC News)The BBC News website looks at what could be dominating the headlines around the world this week.
Back to World News Archive